Apply for Specialized Support, Accounts Payable/Budget & Internal Audit
The, full-time, Specialized Support will review invoices and employee expense reimbursements for accuracy then process for payment. Along with verifying adequate budget within a department. Request budget transfers/amendments when a budget deficiency is recognized. Assist in the internal audit process as needed. Process accounts payable checks and distribute them as required. The employee must also maintain complete and accurate accounts payable files, which are subject to annual state and independent accounting firm audits. The individual also completes special projects as assigned by the Accounts Payable Supervisor or the Executive Director of Budgets and Internal Audit. Assumes duties of the Supervisor of Accounts Payable in her/his absence.
Hourly Range: $19.0950- $20.4317 (commensurate with experience)
Application Deadline: 6/22/2021 (4:00 P.M.)
Bucks County Community College offers an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription plans, 403B pension plan, life insurance, short & long-term disability, generous paid time off, summer hours, tuition waivers, tuition assistance, wellness center, full service cafeteria and free parking on a beautiful Bucks County campus.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Associate Degree in Business/Finance and 3 years of experience or Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance with 1 year experience.
- Knowledge and experience in accounts payable.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- Proficient in data entry and management.
- Ability to use Microsoft software such as Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing abilities and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with a willingness to support and assist colleagues as needed to achieve department goals.
- Effective communication skills; verbal, written, and listening.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Before clicking on the "Start Application" button below, be sure to have the following available:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Ability to upload attachments (resume, cover letter) to submit with your application
- A minimum of 15 minutes per position - you cannot save and return to your application
Incomplete information will prevent your application from being submitted. A separate application must be submitted for each position for which you wish to apply.
The College reviews all complete applications received through the online application system and will contact those individuals whose qualifications best meet the needs and requirements of the position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to inquiries regarding application status.
Please note: Applications for positions at Bucks County Community College will be accepted through our online application system only. We do not process applications sent via email, fax or US Mail.
If you require assistance using the online application system, you may call: (215) 968-8491 or stop in at the Office of Human Resources, Bucks County Community College, 275 Swamp Road, Tyler Hall, Room 130, Newtown, PA 18940, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Applications for current openings only are accepted - unsolicited resumes are not retained.
Bucks County Community College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission because of race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual's actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Accordingly, all recruiting, hiring, and promoting for all job classifications will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual's actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.
All recruiting and admissions of students will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual's actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.