Apply for Help Desk Technician I
Department: Information Technology Services
LOCATION: Gene and Marlene Epstein Campus at Lower Bucks in Bristol, PA
2 Positions Available
The primary purpose of the part-time (4 days a week/4-5 hours per day) Help Desk Technician I position is to provide one-stop Help Desk support services of campus technologies to faculty, staff, and students at all three College campuses. Client assistance is provided through direct face-to-face contact, classroom and training settings, emails, Help Desk tickets, and phone and voicemail contacts.
In order to provide these services the incumbent must be proficient on the most current versions of the Microsoft Office Suite, multiple operating systems including Windows 10, and the various MAC OS’, College application systems including the ERP system, the Learning Management System and the College’s portal, various Internet browsers such as Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, and other software that is specific to a particular area.
The incumbent is expected to answer basic Tier One questions and provide support for basic desktop hardware issues independently and be comfortable escalating Tier Two and higher level questions to more senior level Help Desk or Desktop support staff.
This position requires a pre-placement physical.
Hourly Range: $20.4708 - $21.9038 (commensurate with experience)
Application Deadline: 7/6/2021 (4:00pm)
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Associate’s degree in appropriate discipline with a minimum of 1 year of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience resolving basic desktop issues
- Demonstrated problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple support requests or clients simultaneously for sustained periods of time.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular hours and on different campuses when necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary operating systems software, learning management systems, instructional and commercial software packages, database management, web-based applications and the College’s administrative applications such as Colleague and Workday.
- Must be comfortable dealing directly with clients in a walkup environment.
- Must have the ability to handle upset or belligerent clients.
- (Preferred Qualification) A+ Certification
- (Preferred Qualification) Demonstrated experience in a technical customer support environment.
- Preferred Qualification) Experience with developing technical documentation.
Before clicking on the "Start Application" button below, be sure to have the following available:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Ability to upload attachments (resume, cover letter) to submit with your application
- A minimum of 15 minutes per position - you cannot save and return to your application
Incomplete information will prevent your application from being submitted. A separate application must be submitted for each position for which you wish to apply.
The College reviews all complete applications received through the online application system and will contact those individuals whose qualifications best meet the needs and requirements of the position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to inquiries regarding application status.
Please note: Applications for positions at Bucks County Community College will be accepted through our online application system only. We do not process applications sent via email, fax or US Mail.
If you require assistance using the online application system, you may call: (215) 968-8491 or stop in at the Office of Human Resources, Bucks County Community College, 275 Swamp Road, Tyler Hall, Room 130, Newtown, PA 18940, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Applications for current openings only are accepted - unsolicited resumes are not retained.
Bucks County Community College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission because of race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual's actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Accordingly, all recruiting, hiring, and promoting for all job classifications will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual's actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.
All recruiting and admissions of students will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual's actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.