Apply for Specialized Support, College Information Center
Department: Contact Center
2 Positions Available
The Bucks County Community College Campus Information Center staffs Outreach Representatives, who are the “face and voice” of the college. Outreach representatives respond to prospective/enrolled/graduated students and all other constituencies (our “customers”) giving personalized attention to the enrollment process. Communicating with and directing individuals by telephone, email, text, and social media. The Outreach Representative then builds ongoing student engagement to provide continuity in the students’ transition to college, to present students the resources they need to be successful and follow through to make sure the students are using them. Our goal is to give the student a sense of belonging and move them closer to graduation. The Outreach Representatives are essential to the success of the Bucks Campus Information Center
Bucks County Community College offers an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription plans, 403B pension plan, life insurance, short & long-term disability, paid time off, tuition waivers, tuition assistance, wellness center, full service cafeteria and free parking on a beautiful Bucks County campus.
Schedule would mainly be Monday - Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm, with some flexibility to cover special events, including some nights and weekends.
Hourly Range: $18.0329 - $19.2952 (commensurate with experience)
Application Deadline: 7/20/2021 (4:00 PM)
Minimum Requirements Include:
- High school diploma or general equivalent and specialized, technical or vocation and 1-3 years job-related experience (some college experience is preferred).
- Must possess superior communication skills.
- Oral - speaks clearly with an authoritative phone presence.
- Written - Ability to express themselves clearly and concisely in replying to e-mail and web inquiries.
- Matching & Mirroring Skills: The ability to relate to each caller as an individual.
- Knowledge of a college campus setting, experience interacting with different departments within a college environment. Working knowledge of computers, especially Microsoft Productivity Software (Office, Internet, E-Mail, etc.). Working knowledge of phone systems and voice mail.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software systems. Welcomes interaction with new technologies.
- Accommodation: A willingness and eagerness to help. Quality, accuracy, empathy, understanding, compassion, thoroughness, detail orientation, and precision in their work.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in transferring callers to other departments as appropriate. Must be able to do the same when transferring a call to a manager due to escalation.
- Must be able to direct callers appropriately.
- Probing Skills: The ability to ask the right questions to obtain the "real" question in order to give the appropriate answer.
Before clicking on the "Start Application" button below, be sure to have the following available:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Ability to upload attachments (resume, cover letter) to submit with your application
- A minimum of 15 minutes per position - you cannot save and return to your application
Incomplete information will prevent your application from being submitted. A separate application must be submitted for each position for which you wish to apply.
The College reviews all complete applications received through the online application system and will contact those individuals whose qualifications best meet the needs and requirements of the position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to inquiries regarding application status.
Please note: Applications for positions at Bucks County Community College will be accepted through our online application system only. We do not process applications sent via email, fax or US Mail.
If you require assistance using the online application system, you may call: (215) 968-8491 or stop in at the Office of Human Resources, Bucks County Community College, 275 Swamp Road, Tyler Hall, Room 130, Newtown, PA 18940, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Applications for current openings only are accepted - unsolicited resumes are not retained.
Bucks County Community College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission because of race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual's actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Accordingly, all recruiting, hiring, and promoting for all job classifications will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual's actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.
All recruiting and admissions of students will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual's actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.