Apply for Specialized Support, Assistant Preschool Teacher
Department: Early Learning Center
Location: Newtown Campus
This part-time, Assistant Teacher will assist a lead teacher with the development and implementation of a well-balanced educational program for three to five year old children. Some of the daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to, conducting program activities, supervising children, and assisting with the assessment of a child’s development and progress.
Position is 25 hours a week and eligible for pro-rated benefits.
Hourly Range: $18.0329 - $19.2952 (commensurate with experience)
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Associate's degree or Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate preferred.
- Two years experience working with young children in a formal setting.
- Ability to meet hiring criteria of Bucks County Community College, including but not limited to, a criminal background check, child abuse record check, FBI fingerprinting, National Sex Offender Registry, and pre-employment physical.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of caring for young children, including bending and kneeling to children's eye level.
- Demonstrated emotional and social maturity to function in a crisis or stressful situation.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality in and outside of the classroom setting regarding children, parents, staff, and students.
- Flexibility to accommodate varying schedules from semester to semester, or to cover different programs on an as-needed basis.
- Certification in pediatric First Aid and CPR.
- Ability to meet annual training requirements, including professional development and training in Fire Safety and Emergency Operations.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
Before clicking on the "Start Application" button below, be sure to have the following available:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Ability to upload attachments (resume, cover letter) to submit with your application
- A minimum of 15 minutes per position - you cannot save and return to your application
Incomplete information will prevent your application from being submitted. A separate application must be submitted for each position for which you wish to apply.
The College reviews all complete applications received through the online application system and will contact those individuals whose qualifications best meet the needs and requirements of the position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to inquiries regarding application status.
Please note: Applications for positions at Bucks County Community College will be accepted through our online application system only. We do not process applications sent via email, fax or US Mail.
If you require assistance using the online application system, you may call: (215) 968-8491 or stop in at the Office of Human Resources, Bucks County Community College, 275 Swamp Road, Tyler Hall, Room 130, Newtown, PA 18940, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Applications for current openings only are accepted - unsolicited resumes are not retained.
Bucks County Community College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission because of race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual's actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Accordingly, all recruiting, hiring, and promoting for all job classifications will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual's actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.
All recruiting and admissions of students will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual's actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.